The Integrated Care Board in North West London (NW London) is called NHS NW London. It is the statutory NHS organisation responsible for developing a plan for meeting the health needs of the population, managing the NHS budget and arranging for the provision of health services in NW London. Now ICBs are legally established, clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) have been abolished.
We serve a population of over 2.1 million people who live across the eight boroughs of North West London. We plan and allocate NHS resource to deliver a wide range of services including mental health services, urgent and emergency care, elective hospital services, and community care.
NHS NW London takes on the NHS planning functions previously held by clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) and is likely to absorb some planning roles from NHS England in the future.
The NHS NW London Board is the statutory decision making board of NHS NW London. The membership is set out in the constitution.
The responsibilities of the Board include:
• Developing a plan to meet the health needs of the population (based on the ICP’s strategy)
• Allocating NHS resources to deliver the plan and deliver financial sustainability
• Establishing joint working arrangements to deliver the plan
• Assuring plans and metrics in place to review delivery against strategy
• Agreeing capital plans for the NHS
• Securing the provision of health services
• Holding all parts of system to account for delivery of the NW London ICS objectives and programmes (where NHS funds are used)
• Planning for, responding to and leading recovery from incidents
• Supporting collaborative problem solving and driving transformation.
NHS NW London was established on 1 July 2022 under the Health and Care Act 2022. The full legal name for NHS NW London is the NHS North West London Integrated Care Board (NHS NW London ICB). The constitution sets out the board membership and governance arrangements for the organisation.
How NHS North West London fits into the Integrated Care System
*NW London place based partnerships are called borough based partnerships.