Our aim is to deliver the four core national objectives of ICSs:
- Improve outcomes in population health and health care
- Prevent ill health and tackle inequalities in outcomes, experience and access
- Enhance productivity and value for money
- Support broader economic and social development
We have far reaching and ambitious plans and a clear focus on where we will start.
We have a relentless focus on tackling health inequalities and have developed a joint NW London strategy, including a plan for addressing digital exclusion. These slides set out the challenges, opportunities and current focus of our work in NW London.
- We will urgently focus on recovering elective care and addressing the backlog of other unmet care needs which had to be postponed during Covid.
- We will continue to strengthen our out of hospital care; we have developed Borough based health and care partnerships with integrated leadership. These Borough teams will use population health data to target care where it is needed most. They will deliver consistent high-quality integrated care across NW London which will increase our focus on prevention and management of long-term conditions and improve access and outcomes for people with mental health needs, learning disabilities and autism.
- Keeping staff and patients safe and our local public engaged meaningfully will be essential. As is a shift in culture of how we work: improving the experience of our workforce through flexible training and employment, optimum use of our best estate, and driving technology and innovation.
- Our work in the ICS will require tough decisions on changed priorities and fair allocation of resource.
NW London is a diverse area with 2.4m people from more than 200 ethnicities with 12.3% of the population are over the age of 65 (national average is 19%). 36.9is the average age (national average is 39.
NW London ICS has developed its first Green Plan to drive the decarbonisation of its sites and operations, demonstrating our commitment to NHS England’s net zero targets, in order to mitigate the NHS’s impact on climate change. This page shares details of these plans.