North West London health and social care partners are inviting local residents to the first of a number of community-based specialist palliative care review engagement events to be held between now and February 2022.
By community-based specialist palliative care services we mean palliative and end of life care services that are provided in a community setting (ie. patient’s home, hospice inpatient unit or day care services, care home, community hospital/centre) by services with care professionals who have been specialist trained in this field. We are not referring to hospital based palliative and end of life care services or community district nursing or GP services.
We want you to tell us what is important to you as we look to develop these services for adults (18yrs +) to provide high quality care and good patient, family and carer experience.
- What does good quality community-based specialist palliative care and support look like?
- What does good patient, family and carer experience look like when receiving community-based specialist palliative care and support?
Joining instructions and meeting etiquette:
- Join 5 minutes before the meeting starts.
- Turn your video on – its disconcerting talking to a black screen!
- The meeting will be recorded and published on the North West London Integrated Care System website – www.nwlondonics.nhs.uk/get-involved/cspc
- Use the chat button to add questions/comments and there will also be the opportunity to ask questions in person.
- On the day please insert your name and e-mail address in the chat box so that we know who has attended.
- Think about any cases for discussion ahead of the session.